We have unique expertise in the management of infrastructure projects in the agricultural industry
35 North understands the business of agriculture. We have extensive experience working with seeds and crop protection companies in their research and development, horticulture, and field stations. We can provide agricultural construction project management, program management, portfolio management, cost estimating, and commissioning services to the agricultural industry at large.
Our areas of expertise
GREENHOUSES AND HEADHOUSE CONSTRUCTION
35 North has extensive experience in the process of programming, designing and building greenhouses, and supporting headhouse infrastructure that best fit your needs.
As a construction project management firm with expertise in agtech, we have been involved in the programming, design, construction, and commissioning of a variety of types of greenhouses; from highly precise BL2-P & BL3-P research greenhouses for trait selection and R&D to basic screen-houses to mitigate pest pressure in tropical environments for year-around continuous nurseries.
LABORATORIES FOR AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have expertise in the programming, design, construction, and commissioning of labs in the agricultural space and the biotechnology industry.
- Experience with BSL1, BSL2, and BSL3 Labs
- Phenotyping Labs
- Genotyping Labs
- Molecular Biology Labs
- Agronomic and Biostress traits Labs
- Plant transformation Labs
- Commercial Quality Control Labs
- Insectariums and Vivariums
- DNA Sequencing Labs
CHAMBERS FOR AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
As a leader in construction project management, 35 North has programmed and facilitated the design, construction, and installation of multiple environmental chambers of varying complexity which includes:
- Hardening and full growth chambers
- Vernalization chambers
- Tissue Growth Chambers
- Seed storage walk-in rooms for working and bulk storage
- Specialized Research Chambers
FIELD STATIONS AND FIELD TRIALS
As a construction consulting company, 35 North has demonstrated experience performing site assessments, identifying regulatory, operational, and infrastructure site gaps, providing prioritized site strategic improvement plans, and developing new site plans for new infrastructure.
- Field Irrigation and Fertigation
- Seed dryers
- Seed processing areas
- Fumigation chambers to meet APHIS shipment regulations
- Rollingstock logistics, storage and maintenance areas
- Chemical storage
- Diesel and Chemical loading areas
- Washdown areas
SPECIALIZED AGRICULTURAL R&D EQUIPMENT
- Insectariums and vivarium workflow optimization design, construction and startup
- Fully automated greenhouse operations; Argus, PRIVA, Wadsworth, etc.
- Fully automated irrigation, fertigation and chemigation systems
- Fully automated tray and bench precision sprayers
- Devitalization, sterilization and regulated plants, seeds and process waste systems
- Greenhouse Roof Washers
- Wind tunnels for pesticide dispersion studies
We are proud to have earned these small, veteran-owned, and historically under-utilized designations. These certifications, combined with our deep expertise in cost estimating, construction project management, and enhanced commissioning, makes us a preferred partner for many firms.
35 North is certified as a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business with the Department of Veteran Affairs.
We are registered as a HUB Certified Business with the State of North Carolina Department of Administration.
35 North is a registered Small, Women and Minority Owned business with the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity.
What our clients are saying
“They’re exceptional in that their approach to their work is very comprehensive. They understand the nuances of complex organizations and projects.”
- PATRICK O’KEEFE
“They came highly recommended. I would definitely recommend them to others. They are my eyes and ears on the ground. 35 North fixes things before they become big, expensive and time-consuming problems.”
- MIKE MYERS
Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Director
“We have witnessed first-hand their knowledge, experience, integrity, and commitment to customer satisfaction.”
- NATHAN BLAZEI
Senior Manager, Process Operations