SENIOR COST MANAGER & ESTIMATOR
35 North is currently looking for a Senior Cost Manager and Estimator to join our growing team! This is a full-time permanent position in our corporate office in Durham, NC.
Are you passionate about cost management? Do you enjoy leading a team and working closely with clients? Are you committed to delivering exceptional results? If so, we want to talk with you!
Our estimating team is major part of our overall service portfolio. Our project pipeline is extremely varied. We work on everything from private corporate expansions, to higher education buildings, and federally funded projects. As a company, we are highly committed and passionate about our work. We focus on exceptional results and lasting relationships.
In the Senior Cost Manager role, you’ll work closely with both our clients and our team members. You will be responsible for managing the delivering of quality solutions to our clients which include conceptual estimates, detailed cost estimates, constructability reviews, reconciliations, and more, as well as assist in the maintenance of client relationships. This will require the ability to manage, lead and mentor junior team members in aid of the development and delivery of projects. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for precision and customer service.
We are looking for positive and skilled individuals who are excited to be part of a dynamic and growing team.
Here are some responsibilities:
- Perform cost estimates, from conceptual design to detailed construction level documentation
- Ensure client satisfaction with cost management performance
- Lead project estimate process from kickoff through completion
- Lead project risk and pricing analysis
- Lead estimate development for: indirect costs, escalation/risk contingencies/forecasting, executive summaries, reconciliation, benchmarking, risk analysis, constructability reviews
- Source material and equipment quotes
- Assist in establishing scope of work and task hours on a project level
- Lead individual and group training on a project level
- Act as a mentor and assist in the development of team members
- 5+ years of construction estimating experience
- Degree in Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or similar preferred; a combination of education and work experience will also be considered
- Proficiency in On-Screen Takeoff (or similar take-off software), Bluebeam, Excel, and other Microsoft related software, CostX preferred
- Be a critical-thinker, self-starter, and creative problem solver